Healthfirst is New York’s largest not-for-profit health insurer offering it’s nearly 1.4 million members access to high-quality, affordable healthcare. As part of the community for more than 25 years, Healthfirst understands that good health doesn’t start in a doctor’s office. The company’s mission is to put its members first by working closely with care providers and community leaders to address broader issues that can impact health and well-being. Our unique hospital sponsored, value-based care model is the foundation of the company’s sustained growth in one of the most dynamic markets in the country. So, if you are passionate about what you do and want to work for a company that is focused on the future and dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives, then Healthfirst is for you.
Healthfirst by the Numbers
- Nearly 1.4 million members
- 1 in 8 New York City residents is a Healthfirst member 1
- We have 15 major health systems and hospital sponsors and 80 participating hospitals
- A network of over 40,000 providers
- Ranked 4th largest health insurance company in NYC by Crain’s New York Business 2
- We serve members in all-five boroughs and on Long island, as well as in Westchester, Sullivan, and Orange counties.
- Healthfirst’s Medicare Advantage Plan has been named a 4-Star plan 3 years in a row 3
- Healthfirst offers six spoken languages other than English through live member services staff in our offices, and many more through telephone language-line services
- We currently have more than 20 community offices and retail sites through the New York metropolitan area, and the number continues to grow
- We sponsor or participate in close to 200 community events each month from health fairs to cultural celebrations