The Operations Analyst (OA) is responsible for tracking, reporting, analyzing and summarizing operations data. The OA position assists with the maintenance and testing of all system related changes; including workflows, validations, and automated processes. The OA runs and reconciles reports. The OA owns the accuracy and timeliness of reported data as well as communication and resolution of identified issues involving reports and trends.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly analysis, reports, summaries and dashboards
- Support audit, compliance and regulatory responsibilities
- Meet SLA guidelines in creating files, reconciling information, executing system batches, etc.
- Analyze business processes, identify root causes and provide data-based insights and recommendations for process improvements
- Access and analyze data across multiple systems to identify areas of risk, complete root cause analysis to determine key drivers and develop recommendations to mitigate; report findings and recommendations to management.
- Participate in systems testing and validation for various operations systems
- Work directly with other teams or business units as a subject matter expert to understand objectives and dependencies to ensure consistency
- Write, maintain and execute basic and complex data queries to generate required data sets. Maintain and execute routine queries
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Experience with one or more of the following: querying data using data tables and ACCESS, identifying risks, issues and providing resolution options
- Experience working in Microsoft product suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Manipulation and creation of Excel spreadsheets; including but not limited to standardizing reports across multiple sheets, utilizing vLookups and functions/formulas, creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting to generate desired results
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Work experience in health insurance or healthcare environment
- Knowledge of MHS and/or KIDS (State data system) preferred
- Working experience with Child Health Plus and/or Medicaid programs, regulations and reimbursement
- Working experience with NYSoH or Federal Exchange
- Strong analysis and report development skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: See Above
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to c[email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement