The Operations Optimization Manager has as its primary goal the assurance of continual optimization of operational effectiveness across inter-department and intra-departmental areas. The Operations Optimization Manager will be expected to assist Management in the realization of this goal through leading and supporting Operations initiatives and processes, identifying opportunities for process improvement, performing cost-benefit analyses on such opportunities and operationalizing where approved by Management and supporting/improving Management information and reporting processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support internal Operations staff and vendor resources as required.
- Support the development and operationalizing of departmental initiatives and strategies by working with Operations’ leaders and Project Management to help define business requirements and other process documentation for such initiatives, including standards for measuring effectiveness post-implementation.
- Perform departmental analyses for process appraisal and improvement; trend and compare against departmental and corporate standards and improve upon these processes using a Project Management approach.
- Develop additional analyses, where indicated, to enhance department’s ability to effectively determine root-cause (e.g. identify upstream errors), understand and act upon areas of deficiency.
- Recommend changes to address deficiencies and/or further improve and streamline performance based on analytical findings.
- Assess and prepare to address the operational impacts, workflow, and training issues of assigned projects.
- Identify the training and development needs of the internal Operations staff and vendor resources.
- Play a key role in the implementation and management of the Problem-Tracking & Feedback Loop process.
- Provide resource planning and resolution of issues to support the test (UAT) efforts of new initiatives.
- Assist with assuring that the appropriate level of quality is being consistently met, internally and externally, by working with the Quality Assurance department to understand quality measures and protocols.
- Coordinate and lead ongoing meetings with internal and vendor staff to assure process and programs are operating effectively.
- Work cross-functionally to recommend modifications to existing system set ups and review technical specifications to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Assist with developing effective reporting tools for the department
- Prepare routine reports as needed (financial, quality, production, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Prepare presentations and deliver oversight reports of data analysis, vendor performance including the development of correction action plans when infractions are identified, and other project assignments.
- Additional duties as assigned or required
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Experience leading projects through a Project Management process.
- Experience leading project teams and independent projects within specific timelines.
- Demonstrated experience using SAS and Microsoft Office Excel to create, edit, and manipulate data.
- Experience creating and editing documents using Microsoft Word.
- Demonstration of related work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Healthcare Services Operations, including transaction management
- Identifying defects and improving departmental performance by supporting quality, operation efficiency and production goals
- Analyzing various types of data and processes in a versatile manner and present findings and recommendations in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Significant experience in a healthcare services Operations capacity.
- Working knowledge of terminology applicable to healthcare settings.
- Experience with MHS and/or MACESS systems.
- Experience creating and editing queries in Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs and reimbursement methodologies.
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing practices in a managed care setting.
- Knowledge of healthcare services Medical Management programs and processes.
- Experience creating and editing workflow documents using Microsoft Visio.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing projects using Microsoft Project.
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: N/A
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement