The Senior Manager of New Media and Enterprise Communications is experienced with the strategy, production, and creative development of internal and external storytelling content across earned, owned, and paid, traditional and social media. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Communications, this individual will support the business and operations of Healthfirst and will help amplify Healthfirst’s reputation as a respected mission-based, non-profit health insurer that is uniquely attuned to our members and the communities and members it serves. He/she will help broaden organizational thinking about how creative communications can be used effectively in a contemporary media environment and will be responsible for cultivating opportunities to use breakthrough storytelling as a strategy to build reputation, engage and move audiences to action. He/she also will work with existing communications teams to enhance what is already in play, suggesting new approaches to storytelling, platforms strategies and generating ideas for special projects involving the creative use of emerging media. The senior manager will work across the enterprise with senior leaders to support creative communications needs from meeting support to important special projects. He/she will also work in a hands-on way to build and shape story ideas, produce and edit audio and video content as needed by the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with teams across the enterprise to mine/cultivate best stories about members, providers, employees, and others bringing them to the attention of communications leaders for appropriate use across various platforms and venues.
- Develop storytelling strategies to bring the mission of Healthfirst to life in powerful ways to audiences and stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
- Work with and support content creators in communications and marketing to help enhance the creative storytelling aspects of their work.
- Continue to support the creative development of the #BusinessAsNEWsual internal podcast and shape an opportunity to launch a Healthfirst external podcast in 2021.
- Work in a hands-on way as needed to write, produce, and edit internal/external video and audio content.
- Partner with Director of Enterprise Communications to build an interest in creative storytelling techniques, trends and ideas – especially in the healthcare industry -- and develop approach to regularly inform, inspire and educate communications and marketing team members (i.e., seminar on what wins at Cannes Lions, other major ad shows).
- Conduct a storytelling audit of company social platforms and partner with teams and individuals managers to enhance storytelling content and delivery, including The Vine, and company Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and YouTube sites.
- Work with teams to help translate best stories creatively across platforms.
- Bring high-potential stories to teams to highlight and distribute.
- Work with marketing teams as needed to create, implement, and support storytelling strategies in new media.
- Work with social media teams to evaluate emerging platforms for Healthfirst consideration.
- Research and propose at least one new creative storytelling initiative per quarter – to communications leadership
- Propose an external podcast series, identify distribution partners, and iron out distribution and audience targeting challenges
- Help develop content strategies and new content initiatives to showcase and use new internal WIFI streaming capability in 2021.
- Update the strategic use of Healthfirst’s YouTube channel and identify new content streams that should be highlighted on the channel
- Propose options to reformat the Chat with Pat using new technologies and capabilities (i.e., streaming WIFI)
- Work with senior Healthfirst leaders as needed to help strengthen the storytelling aspects of their internal and external communications and presentations.
- Support important organizational meetings, including the sales rally, OC leadership meetings and PIs by strengthening storytelling elements and content development, as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Extensive experience developing, crafting, and producing creative internal and external communications for major brands and companies.
- Extensive experience working in partnership with senior business executives.
- Experience working with healthcare and nonprofits.
- Strategic communications mindset.
- Track record of developing creative communications products across all media forms.
- Hands-on ability and willingness to write/craft/edit/produce video and audio content.
- Temperamentally suited to a fast-paced environment where flexibility and adaptability to change are key determinants of success.
- Ability and agility in use of social media and knowledge of platform capabilities.
- Self-starter and team player that can work autonomously and well with others
- Ability to prioritize and maximize limited resources to achieve goals.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement