The Quality Assurance Team Lead oversees quality monitoring function and is responsible for assuring that standards are being evaluated fairly and consistently. In this role the QA Team Lead will be responsible for leading a team of auditors to conduct compliance and operational audits to identify areas of risk and make recommendations to help improve operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of controls to mitigate risks to the organization to an acceptable level as determined by Management.
- Supervise and assist a team of auditors to ensure completion of audit activities of key business processes for compliance with key controls, plans, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Supervise and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Ensure productivity & accuracy of auditors meet or exceed department standards.
- Supervise team to ensure time and attendance are properly managed and over time targets are achieved.
- Supervise, coach and develop a team of auditors to ensure consistent growth and ongoing operations.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate process documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Identify variances, prepare detailed explanations, and correspond with employees, management, etc. as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Identify improvements to systems, procedures and processes to minimize risks, improve efficiency, or generate cost savings.
- Apply analytical skills and knowledge of current auditing developments and standards to formulate appropriate solutions to problems.
- Accurately document audit work performed to support conclusions reached.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Develop an understanding of HealthFirst’s business, risk landscape, financials, processes and control environment.
- Develop knowledge regarding industry rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Maintain open communication with management and business leaders with regards to QA assessments, findings and recommended improvements that are independently derived through applying QA & Audit standards.
- Support external auditors as assigned.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Perform call monitoring of incoming and/or outgoing calls to confirm standards are met, ID performance gaps, and analyze errors to determine root causes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead by example, guide & direct a team, answer questions, maintain positive morale, break down barriers to success, and execute against Management’s goals and objectives.
- Experience leading teams and/or projects to consistently meet or exceed deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to understand and implement internal control concepts and perform root cause analysis to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of accepted principles and practices of auditing, following written audit programs, and preparing adequate working papers to document audit work performed and conclusions reached.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with peers, managers, and the public, on both individual and group levels.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Technical and data management skills including ability to identify, obtain, format, model, manipulate, and analyze large amounts of data and compile detailed reports / dashboards.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize and complete work assignments/projects.
- Exercise discretion, good judgment, strong attention to detail, courtesy, tact and patience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; establishes and maintains good working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems with detail and accuracy, keep complex records, assemble and organize data, and prepare reports from such data.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- High ethical standards and values with ability to handle confidential / sensitive issues and information with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Experience working in auditing, process improvement, or related field preferred.
- Experience with process mapping, risk assessment, and audit tools.
- Experience with data analytic software (SQL, ACL, Alteryx, Tableau).
- Familiarity with GAAP, COSO, SOX and other audit principles preferred.
- Knowledge of at least two or more lines of business such as Medicare NY, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, QHP, EP, HARP.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement