The Facilities Support Specialist will report to the Facilities Manager and work as part of a team to coordinate various tasks related to building maintenance, ordering break room supplies, event space planning, and vendor relations for designated Healthfirst's locations.
- Perform light building maintenance such as minor repairs of office furniture and replacement of ceiling tiles.
- Troubleshooting A/C electrical shorts and flushing out A/C drainage systems with building management.
- Complete daily work orders such as replacing light bulbs, maintaining proper operation of light fixture repair or replacing door locks.
- May coordinate vendors providing services including major A/C, electrical repairs and installations with building management.
- Conduct monthly fire safety equipment inspections including emergency exit lights for proper functionality and to update fire extinguisher tags.
- Ensure a safe work space by performing safety checks for fall hazards and cord exposures.
- Participate in coordination and setup of company events and preparing office for corporate visitors.
- Serve as backup to security coordinator using computer to prepare reports and related functions of security equipment, as well as, assist in generating building ID cards for replacement and new hires.
- Backup reception coverage to meet and greet visitors, assist with scheduling of small visitor rooms and after calls.
- Assist in the relocation of individuals or departments as needed.
- Prepared and coordinate HIPAA bins scheduled for daily pickup.
- Conduct facility checks for confidential documents and properly place them in the HIPAA bins.
- Coordinate beverage and vending machine service; prepare and supply beverage stations with coffee and related supplies.
- Reconcile food services invoices.
- Coordinate all conference room bookings and ServiceNow requests.
- Maintain conference room and pantry areas.
- Flexibility to work before/after hours, weekends and holidays on a rotating oncall schedule.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Facilities knowledge in one or more of these areas: safety, security, office furnishings, vendor relations, break room supplies, property appearance, floor moves, meeting room coordinator and/or event space setup.
- Ability to work as needed before/after hours, weekends and holidays on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing while demonstrating good grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Experience using Microsoft word including formatting, copy/pasting and using grammar/spell check.
- Excel or other spreadsheet software experience to create information reports requiring the use of edit, sort/filter and format data/print range.
- Able to problem-solve under light supervision while managing many details.
- Able to handle emergency situations and communicate results in a succinct and clear verbal or written manner.
- Organizational skills keeping track of multiple tasks through to completion.
- Ability to prioritize projects within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment using tact and discretion.
- General knowledge of electrical services HVAC, A/C maintenance and/or electrical services.
- Prior experience handling building security ID badge system and workplace safety procedures.
- Coordinated vending machine services and break room supplies.
- Experience working with outside vendors to perform services including A/C maintenance, electrical services, and general property appearance.
- Front desk reception greeting visitors, answering calls and/or taking messages.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement