This role is responsible for leading both the employee relations team that supports the creation and maintenance of a positive work environment for employees and leaders, and the HR compliance team that has oversight and accountability for HR compliance and audit activities in partnership with Healthfirst Legal and Regulatory departments. The incumbent will be driving an integrated ER and HR Compliance strategy that aligns with the Company’s vision and business strategy.
Employee Relations is responsible for responding to, investigating and resolving concerns by coaching and advising employees and leaders. The team also identifies common concerns and opportunities and proposes proactive solutions. The HR Compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with workforce oriented Federal and State regulations, including OFCCP requirements, licensure, background checks and exclusion screens and EEO/APP reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners on the establishment of an effective HR Compliance Program, including identifying potential areas of HR compliance vulnerability and risk
- Leverages an internal network, within HR and across HF, to complete internal HR audits and address compliance opportunities, issues and gaps
- Establishes and maintains an audit calendar to proactively be prepared for regularly occurring audits and manages all HR responses to audit requests.
- Oversees the EEO/AAP process, including the formulation of proposed actions based on plan results
- Oversee ER Managers as they provide ER support for all employee related issues including, but not limited to: harassment, discrimination, wage & hour concerns, separations and performance management
- Oversee, conduct and lead complex investigations related to allegations of harassment, discrimination, wage & hour and policy violations
- Continue the optimization of the employee relations team by implementing standard methodologies of risk analysis, case and performance management and identify opportunities and creative solutions to promote people management excellence. Drive cultural adoption of ER models and skills through communication and training for managers and employees
- Ensure the right balance of risk mitigation, engagement and fairness is delivered
- Provide and oversee the coaching and influencing of all levels of management, including executive management, regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions
- Develop, coach and engage team members to retain high performers and raise skill levels and competence of all team members
- Monitor and audit team to ensure investigative protocol and case management entry is consistently followed and investigation outcomes are appropriate, consistent, and timely
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or relevant experience
- Prior work experience in a progressive HR environment, including a minimum of 4 years' significant employee relations experience and 3 years’ experience in HR Compliance, including affirmative action plans and regulatory
- Deep understanding of US employment law and Demonstrated experience understanding and establishing actions to address Federal and State regulations, including OFCCP requirements
- People management experience and Experience project managing and influencing without authority
- Strong consulting/problem resolution experience with demonstrated ability to influence all employee levels from front line to senior leaders
- Demonstrated change management experience to drive a cultural change within the organization
- Ability to prioritize heavy workload and managing multiple matters in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
- Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information and identify trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement