The Operations Project Coordinator is responsible for organizing meetings, updating project schedules, informing necessary parties of deadlines, writing work flow procedures, maintaining project plans, and following up with team members as needed. The Project Coordinator is responsible for communicating task deadlines with project members and ensuring they are aware of any new developments that put the project at risk of not being completed as planned. This includes organizing meeting times, locations, updating the project schedule, and ensuring that all necessary parties are aware of project deadlines and well-informed throughout.
It is common practice for the Project Coordinator to support multiple projects across more than one operational area simultaneously. Other job duties include tracking documents including but not limited to purchase orders, budgets, and vendor contracts. Additional duties include creating presentations and preparing materials to update stakeholders and business partners on a project’s status.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hold regular meetings with the project team to review and update tasks in the project plan
- Coordinate between various department project resources to ensure deadlines are understood and met
- Liaise with employees and 3rd party resources that are involved in the project
- Utilize appropriate software to monitor schedules
- Support the project from the planning stages through warranty and closure
- Assist the project manager with all aspects of project execution
- Report to management on the development of the project as required
- Support assigned projects as directed by the project manager and functions as a member of the project team(s) assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (or equivalent work experience)
- Working experience in a Project Coordinator role, or equivalent Internship/Externship and/or Practicum experience required.
- Experience working with multiple delivery methodologies
- Ability to understand complex technical material and be able to ascertain business implications required.
- Solid relationship building skills, able to handle internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word), corporate email systems and SharePoint
- Experience and/or comprehension of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience managing business processes for project teams
- Ability to build project plans or schedules
- Ability to drive, track and report project execution progress
- Experience in a cross functional strategy team and/or other projects within the healthcare industry
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: See Above
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement