Healthfirst has an immediate opening for an experienced Cloud Engineer to help execute on our cloud transformation strategy. The ideal candidate will have a solid ‘hands-on’ background in deploying and managing enterprise solutions in AWS with experience in developing tools to automate system deployment and configuration management tasks. This person will possess a high degree of self-management, personal accountability and a strong collaborative mindset.
You will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and create reliable and repeatable orchestration. You will help drive the continued development of CI/CD pipelines enabling infrastructure as a service supporting a number of DevOps teams and solutions. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support for platform hosts and their services and collaborating with developers and other cloud engineers to continually improve the infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a member of the cloud infrastructure engineering team
- Develop automation code to deploy infrastructure supporting DevOps application team requirements
- Drive solutions to problems impacting mission critical systems and implement automation to prevent reoccurrence
- Work closely with development and systems teams to build and support the continuous integration and deployment tooling
- Execute changes on production systems whenever necessary
- Work in Center of Excellence for AWS Usage, and AWS Development Standards
- Work closely with other development and operations team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software and hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements
- Ensure all usage of Cloud Environments meets Governance standards and contribute to improving standards for security and operational efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing, building and managing Linux/Unix-based systems
- 3-5 years’ experience designing, building and managing Windows systems
- AWS Certification in Development, Architecture, and/or DevOps or equivalent work experience
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, IAM, CloudFormation and Route 53
- Proficient with scripting in one of the following languages: BASH, Python, Ruby, PowerShell
- Strength in developing green-field technology mastery through a mixture of experimentation and guided learning
- Good verbal & written communication skills with ability to document implementations using MS-Word, Excel and Visio for presentations in PowerPoint or similar tools
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment and effectively collaborates across teams and organizations
- Experience being a part of an AWS Center of Excellence and driving business innovation
- Experience with Jenkins or CloudBees as a CI/CD enablement platform
- Experience implementing AWS Services with an Infrastructure as code methodology using Cloudformation, Ansible, or Terraform
- Experience with Artifactory and git
- Strong understanding of AWS Security best practices, and implementing a least privileged model of access in AWS
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Experience working with Development teams to create Cloud-Native applications
- Proficient in automating configuration management with tools, such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with system health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, New Relic, Solarwinds, Extrahop and CloudTrail)
- Experience working in regulated and/or high-security environments and industries (PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement