Job Description Summary
The Healthcare Analyst will perform functions that enable key financial and business processes. You will participate in projects that help achieve departmental goals and NY State regulatory expectations. This position requires an individual with emerging skills in the areas of finance and healthcare, and someone who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment that is fast-paced and challenging.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize research methods to perform impact and exploratory analyses on large data sets to support financial analyses
- Use data to tell a story that disseminates key insights to drive the business to action
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses for cross-departmental efforts in support of the Healthfirst risk model
- Develop reports and dashboards to deliver impactful and actionable insights to senior leaders using Tableau, Powerpoint and Excel
- Keep abreast of healthcare regulations and reforms and their impact on Healthfirst and hospital performance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Familiar with healthcare data
- Work experience with SAS and/or SQL where you have created complex queries, pulled large data sets, performed data manipulations/analysis
- Experience with advanced MS Excel functions and pivot tables
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in STEM, Public Health or Business
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High proficiency with SQL or SAS
- Work experience in the healthcare industry, focusing on Medicaid or Medicare programs
- Comfortable building models to analyze business impact
- Experience using data visualization tools like Tableau
- Interested in mastering new technology and training fellow team members
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement