The VP, Infrastructure and Operations is responsible for the architectural design & planning, installation and maintenance of all desktop, server, network and storage infrastructure for a mix of production, test and development environments. Healthfirst has adopted a cloud-first strategy and this individual is responsible for all IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) cloud hosting partners as well as connectivity to all of our various cloud partners (AWS, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, Workday, etc.). This individual will lead strategy around maintenance and development of systems while managing all aspects of Healthfirst’s technology infrastructure.
Healthfirst has embraced a Scaled Agile Methodology for planning and executing virtually all change initiatives, including Infrastructure. Agile as a methodology favors leadership over command and control management. We use Agile planning methods to sequence work and manage dependencies and priorities. The ideal candidate has some experience with Agile.
This individual will also lead a renewed focus on Level One Operations across all of Information Technology – Infrastructure and Applications. As our business has grown in terms of complexity and scale and as we have delivered a vast array of modern tools and technology we now need to reinforce our operational capabilities around running, monitoring and supporting our platforms 24x7x365.
Finally, culture matters more than anything. We are looking for a strong leader with good experience but also a continuous learner who is not constrained by the way problems have been solved in the past. The most important responsibility of leaders at Healthfirst is to create an environment where all team members can maximize their contribution and impact – and then to ensure that all of that effort is optimally harnessed in an aligned way to serve our member.
Job Description & Responsiblities:
- Manages and leads strategy for all aspects of technology infrastructure including cloud hosting, Windows Servers, storage technologies, virtualization technologies, backup systems, patch management, asset management, phone systems and desktop/laptop infrastructure.
- Manage overall budget of about $40 million including oversight of critical financial decisions, negotiating with vendors, identifying cost savings opportunities and day-to-day expense management.
- Oversees team of architects, engineers and operators/technicians in Cloud, Server, Desktop and Network/Telecommunications
- Establishes and runs IT Service Management function. Healthfirst has invested in ServiceNow to support Service Management (including self-service), Configuration Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Release and Change Management. We have made great progress in these disciplines but there is still plenty of opportunity for further improvement.
- Leads new technology implementations and manages the enhancement of existing infrastructure projects. Develop and mentor the team towards career development and advancement.
- Develops strategic plans and identifies key success factors; sets priorities and allocates necessary resources to achieve corporate, business and function goals.
- Researches, introduce, and recommends new technology to keep pace with new products and industry directions
- Creates and maintains SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for Infrastructure Operations and maintains technology operations and build documentation. Identifies operational bottlenecks in the systems and provides solutions to address them.
- Implements capacity planning and forecasts the future growth based on the past trends of usage/growth.
- Develops, implements and maintains IT (Information Technology) policies and procedures as it relates to the organization.
- Manages the performance of direct reports, ensuring they are following departmental and company protocols and completing assignments.
- Bachelor's degree
- Infrastructure and technology work experience with experience in a management role
- Experience with Service management, Change Management, Incident Management and Monitoring & Reporting of IT metrics
- ITIL or SAFE or Cisco or Microsoft Certification
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Managed Services and Colocation service management experience
- Candidate must have the ability to:
- Organize and prioritize work demands effectively
- Multi-task and efficiently work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Work under high levels of stress and pressure to meet departmental objectives
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Manages and reconciles the department budget
*Please note there is flexibility on location for either Lake Mary, FL or New York, NY.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement