The translator in the Corporate Communications Department will oversee the translation process in the Care Manager System (CCMS.) The Translator will also assist with proofing and translating of various documents, such as letters, flyers, take one brochures, handbooks, ad campaigns, scripts and more as they reflect the day|to|day operations.
- Reviews original texts and/or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
- Checks translations for technical terms and terminology to ensure they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Compiles terminology and information to be used in translations.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to the position.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Documenting/Recording Information- Communicates with internal team and trouble shoot issues as they arise.
- Discusses translation requirements with clients, proofreads, edits, and revise translated matter.
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified by the American Translation Association (ATA) or translation license from a college or technical institute.
- Expertise as a translator in a managed care or healthcare environment
- Practical translation work, an advanced stage or any other commercial or administrative experience is useful.
- Work independently or in a team setting that is a fast paced /changing environment, while demonstrating the level of detail required completing tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing while demonstrating good grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Organize and prioritize work in order to complete all assigned tasks within time frame required.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changes quickly while meeting all deadlines.
- Work in a diverse and multi-cultural work environment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement