We’re looking for energetic, innovative, and passionate candidates to help apply technology driven solutions that improve the healthcare of all New Yorkers.
Our Information Technology team utilizes a combination of modern technology frameworks, custom code, and packaged solutions that support our business. The intern will be placed in a meaningful role on a high profile team where they will gain valuable experience as an IT Professional. Examples of role assignments include but are not limited to:
- Building a Business Process Management application utilizing Pega that helps orchestrate and automate the process of enrolling a customer at Healthfirst
- Implementing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform utilizing Salesforce
- Building a Big Data platform and a Data Analytics function to identify patterns in our data that we can turn into actionable insights
- Coding API’s leveraging the Mulesoft enterprise service bus
- Building frontend, mobile or backend code for the customer digital experience team
- Writing unit testing and automation testing code
- In addition to real world experience on projects, candidates will participate in immersive and interactive learning experiences that will serve as the foundation for their careers.
Highlights of the IT – Application Development internship will include:
- Active role on a high profile project allowing you to see the impact of your work
- Building relationships with experts in the field
- Personal relationship with Senior Leadership across IT
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of complex business and technical problems
- Designing and documenting solutions/applications
- Coding and configuring in Pega, Mulesoft, Informatica, and other programming languages
- Delivery of an internship project and presentation to senior leadership
- Participation in a hack-a-thon
- If you have contributed to an open source project, we would love to review your GitHub (or similar community) profile
- Majoring in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or similar degree
- Ability to write and interpret code in one or more programming languages
- Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Will not require sponsorship for employment
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA from an accredited school
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement