The Senior Java Developer will design and develop solutions that automate specific business processes, by working with various business units and departments to satisfy their requirements.
Their primary responsibility will be to analyze business requirements in order to then design, implement and test code, integrations and solutions that generate personalized communications.
Senior Developers have knowledge of the fundamentals of software development and design. They are fast, self-driven learners. They have a demonstrable passion for application development and are keen to take every opportunity to enhance their skillset by adopting new skills. They are pro-active and seek out new approaches, better solutions.
Senior Developers must be adaptable, flexible: willing to pitch in and pivot as necessary to support their colleagues. They are able to migrate existing solutions from one development stack to another, based on the organization’s road-map. They are reliable and share responsibility for system up-time, deployments and ticket remediation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain personalized communication applications and workflows
- Develop unit tests and provide code coverage to accurately test business logic and functionality
- Participate in developing specifications, such as user stories and designs
- Solve or recommends solutions for complex issues and problems
- Assist in development of logical and physical specifications
- Document designs, issues, solutions, tips & tricks as needed
- Foster a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL skills
- API integration and/or application or web development experience
- Experience with Customer Communications Management (CCM) systems - such as Quadient (formerly GMC) Inspire
- Practical knowledge of XML, JSON
- Practical knowledge of Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience in Agile environments and methodologies
- Experience with TruCare, Pega, Informatica or MuleSoft
- Experience using VersionOne or JIRA
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement